Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Story of Alexandra Hope


















My official due date for Alexandra was August 11th. I was actually hoping that she would be a week or so early, because I figured the boys were both early and she being my third child will come even sooner! Well, by the time August 15th rolled around, I decided to finally set a date to be induced on the 18th. Saturday the 16th came and went (pictures of me in the blue top), but that evening I finally started to labor. It began about 1:00am, and 30 hours later she was here! Alexandra Hope was born at 5:52am on Monday August 18th, the day I was supposed to induce. She weighed in at 9 pounds 2 ounces and 19 inches long. She is doing great and we are all so excited to actually see her! I am already having fun dressing her! As for the boys, they seem to be adjusting well, I am sure they are feeling alittle frustrated, having to wait more than usual for play time and their usual daily demands. I think they are doing pretty great. Jordan is ga ga over her sister, and her expertise in child care is kicking in.
As for me I am recovering well. I am exhausted, as to be expected, but I will adjust over time! Phil is back to school and coaching, he hates being away from all of the kids. Here are some pictures over the last week!