Monday, January 7, 2008

Football Mania




It is official: My son is a football fanatic. I have never been to a professional football game in my life, and my 3 year old has been to 4. It is a wonderful bond between Anthony and Phil, and I am sure Jack will follow. Anthony loves to catch the football in the living room and dive into the couch for a touchdown. Sometimes he moves in slow motion with this funny expression on his face, he imagines himself breaking tackles and scoring the big touchdown. He asks Phil about 30 questions a day, "Which team are you going for?" "Was that a first down?" He knows terms like "touch back", "interception", and "running back"and Frank Gore seems to be his favorite player these days. It will be a miracle if both of the boys get to 10 years old without one of them cracking their heads open. Lord help me.